Discussion
Looking for a link to the Renewable Quiz Library

I saw this mentioned in another thread and I am VERY interested.  Can someone post a direct links, please?

Thanks so much,

Becky

Posted on: April 20 2010
Flag this discussion
Share:
4 Comments
  • The RC Quiz Subscription is renewable yearly and the price is based on the number of READ 180 Licenses your school has purchased. It is VERY reasonable. This link should take you to a pdf with the quiz subscription contact information: This link will take you to a Scholastic page with an Excel file containing a list of all the quizzes your school would have access to if you decide to subscribe to the Reading Counts Quiz Subscription. I highly recommend this for all READ 180 programs. I would not have the success I do in independent reading without it. Debbie

Can you explain the renewable quiz library a little more.  We have over 750 quizzes installed, but most of my class library is not included.  I try to get books on the list and I carry a printed list with me to thrift stores. 

Let's try the link again. I don't know why both links I included disappeared. http://edproductsupport.scholastic.com/ts/product/src/ - this is to the Excel listing of all the quizzes you would have access to if your school subscribed to the Reading Counts Quiz Subscription. > You can find out more information about the quiz subscription by contacting Reading Counts or you can call Linda Kreider SRI and Reading Counts!, 800-387-1437 ext. 290, lkreider@scholastic.com. > Your school or district purchases the quiz subscription for a nominal fee per READ 180 License. If you have 100 READ 180 Licenses in your school, it is just over $200/year. Scholastic sends your school a quiz CD to load on your READ 180 server. Then, students can take the test just as they would normally in the Reading Counts program. You'll end up with over 50,000 quizzes across the grade/interest levels. In addition, every month, additional quizzes are sent to your school to be added to the server - all included in the yearly subscription. (Your school can also select to have those quizzes downloaded to your SAM server vis SAM Connect.) You'll also be able to access them via SAM, just as you can with your READ 180 Quizzes. > If you want to have students complete QuickWrites or graphic organizers, those are your responsibility. They are not included in SAM. I hope I have explained this clearly, and that the link works. Debbie

Thank you so much for that helpful information! :)

Featured Discussions
    Tips for New READ 180 Teachers
    Think back to your first year teaching READ 180.  What is the one thing that you wish you knew then that you know now?
    Motivating Students on Software
    My students are in the early stages of System 44.  Most of them started at Series 1 and have worked their way into Series 3.  Over the course of time, some of them are…
    Assessment & Data
    Discussions from colleagues on using key implementation and student performance metrics to drive instruction.
    Classroom Instruction
    Discussions from colleagues on implementing clear organization for instruction and classroom activity, and maintaining student engagement.
    Professional Development
    Discussions from colleagues on fostering and sustaining best teaching practices in the reading intervention classroom.
    Special Education
    Discussions from colleagues on targeting the specific skill deficits and unique instructional needs of a Special Education student.
    Technology
    Discussions from colleagues on using the READ 180 technology components to provide intensive, individualized instruction.
    System 44
    Discussions from colleagues on maximizing System 44 instruction to help students master foundational reading skills.
    Prev
    Next