Discussion
Help, anyone have workshop teaching guides?

Hi all, I am a new R-180 teacher. At my original training I was given a teaching guide for workshop 1 and promised one for workshop 2 and a blank copy. I was not given either : ( Does anyone have these? It's not the "Planning and Pacing Guide" book, but a simple spreadsheet that outlines what do do everyday and how to move from the R book and L book and whole group and small group. You can email me at gbreasher@scusd.net and I can email attach a copy of what I am talking about. Thanks so much! I would hate to have to recreate the wheel when I know someone out there knows what I'm talking about and can simply email it to me.

By Gail
Posted on: October 28 2009
Flag this discussion
Share:
3 Comments
  • SuzannePuccerella

The editors just finished a new resource that includes a chart for each Stage, which you can find by searching for “rBook/LBook Planning and Pacing Chart.” And there is one template for “LBook Planning Stickers” that teachers can print and use as reminders in their rBook TE. As for the rBook Teacher'd Edition, you should ask your principal to order you one from Scholastic. OR ask if you have a premium product support plan, and use the Interactive Teaching System - (you can find the link in SAM). Please let me know how it goes. Thanks! Suzanne

I have searched for this chart and the stickers but I don't find it. Are you searching in the resource library?

Hi! Do you have access to a TE of the rBook? You would have to map out the pacing yourself but it is essentially a guide for every workshop.   Miranda

Featured Discussions
    Tips for New READ 180 Teachers
    Think back to your first year teaching READ 180.  What is the one thing that you wish you knew then that you know now?
    Motivating Students on Software
    My students are in the early stages of System 44.  Most of them started at Series 1 and have worked their way into Series 3.  Over the course of time, some of them are…
    Assessment & Data
    Discussions from colleagues on using key implementation and student performance metrics to drive instruction.
    Classroom Instruction
    Discussions from colleagues on implementing clear organization for instruction and classroom activity, and maintaining student engagement.
    Professional Development
    Discussions from colleagues on fostering and sustaining best teaching practices in the reading intervention classroom.
    Special Education
    Discussions from colleagues on targeting the specific skill deficits and unique instructional needs of a Special Education student.
    Technology
    Discussions from colleagues on using the READ 180 technology components to provide intensive, individualized instruction.
    System 44
    Discussions from colleagues on maximizing System 44 instruction to help students master foundational reading skills.
    Prev
    Next