Discussion
Digtial Training Zone

Can anyone tell me how to access the digital training zone? Our school purchased the enterprise edition-premium. I know it is new this year.

Posted on: October 26 2009
Flag this discussion
Share:
4 Comments
  • AskDee

Following are some steps to determine if you gave access:1 – Check that your school has a Premium Support and Maintenance Plan2 – Verify that the Enterprise Edition v1.9 has been installed on your server3 – Check with your technician to ensure that the server was registered with SAM Connect during installation4 – Have the technician log in to SAM Connect and verify that all servers are checking in5 – Have the technician verify that all schools in the district are currently “Matched” in SAM Connect6 – Verify that all teachers have a valid SAM username and passwordIf all of these conditions are met, then you should have access to ITS using your existing SAM username and password. ** Please note that if all of these conditions are met and a new teacher is added to SAM, the teacher will not have access to ITS for up to 2 hours.

AskDee

The link for the DTZ is at http://teacher.scholastic.com/products/edservicesondemand/digitaltrainingzone.asp.  The setup is the same as for the ITS.  Make certain that your tech department has set up SAM Connect.

Are you able to access the ITS through SAM? If you are, the you just need to enter your SAM ID and password at the following address: >http://teacher.scholastic.com/products/edservicesondemand/>... If you are not able to access the ITS, then your Tech Dept at school has to sign you up in SAM CONNECT.... However, as a lot has changed since I signed up for SAM CONNECT and ITS in August, the SAM CONNECT step may be unnecessary (hopefully) as it is a pain to set up....If SAM CONNECT is still necessary, I can send you the directions for the school's tech person that Scholastic Tech Support sent me. Let me know at dleeohs@hotmail.com. Debbie

AskDee

For those of you with the DTZ, Dr. Kate Kinsella is holding the following webinar sessions: · Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 4:00 p.m. EST · Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. EST She is great!  Her topic is going to be “Structuring Accountable Student Engagement in READ 180 Classrooms.” Be sure to sign up in the DTZ.

Featured Discussions
    Tips for New READ 180 Teachers
    Think back to your first year teaching READ 180.  What is the one thing that you wish you knew then that you know now?
    Motivating Students on Software
    My students are in the early stages of System 44.  Most of them started at Series 1 and have worked their way into Series 3.  Over the course of time, some of them are…
    Assessment & Data
    Discussions from colleagues on using key implementation and student performance metrics to drive instruction.
    Classroom Instruction
    Discussions from colleagues on implementing clear organization for instruction and classroom activity, and maintaining student engagement.
    Professional Development
    Discussions from colleagues on fostering and sustaining best teaching practices in the reading intervention classroom.
    Special Education
    Discussions from colleagues on targeting the specific skill deficits and unique instructional needs of a Special Education student.
    Technology
    Discussions from colleagues on using the READ 180 technology components to provide intensive, individualized instruction.
    System 44
    Discussions from colleagues on maximizing System 44 instruction to help students master foundational reading skills.
    Prev
    Next