Discussion
Data forms

It is almost the end of the quarter here, which means I have to retest my student  and submit progress to principal.  Does anyone have a good data form (excel or otherwise)  they have created using the info in SAM to show growth (hopefully) in their classroom.

Thanks

By jkmmom
Posted on: September 28 2009
Flag this discussion
Share:
4 Comments
  • AskDee

The SRI Growth Report is the best report that I have seen to show growth.  It gives both the numbers and displays a graph if the Lexile growth and can list the students in order from the most growth to the least.  It's my favorite report to show administrators.

AskDee

Though it is not an aggregate form where the entire class is shown, some principals like having a report tht includes the Read for Life Report for each of the READ 180 students.  If the principal does not have access to SAM for some reason, having these reports in a binder helps the principal when conferring with students or parents.

Hi, I would recommend the Student Yearly Progress Report that is offered through SAM. This report offers a great graph of all of the students scores on the SRI Inventory Test along with a shaded area that shows the grade level range. Another great report for showing student growth is the Growth Report. I realize these are not forms that have been created, but they are excellent tools to use to show student growth.

AskDee

The Student Yearly Progress Report works well for schools where all students in the school take the SRI.  The grade mean that is reported on the report is informative.  (The grade mean reported is based upon the scores of students in the particular school.) If only READ 180 students and students being considered for intervention take the SRI, then the grade mean reported on the Student Yearly Progress Report will be artificially low.  This confuses some parents of READ 180 students who think their students are performing above the level of half the class and begin to question why the student is in READ 180. Dee

Featured Discussions
    Tips for New READ 180 Teachers
    Think back to your first year teaching READ 180.  What is the one thing that you wish you knew then that you know now?
    Motivating Students on Software
    My students are in the early stages of System 44.  Most of them started at Series 1 and have worked their way into Series 3.  Over the course of time, some of them are…
    Assessment & Data
    Discussions from colleagues on using key implementation and student performance metrics to drive instruction.
    Classroom Instruction
    Discussions from colleagues on implementing clear organization for instruction and classroom activity, and maintaining student engagement.
    Professional Development
    Discussions from colleagues on fostering and sustaining best teaching practices in the reading intervention classroom.
    Special Education
    Discussions from colleagues on targeting the specific skill deficits and unique instructional needs of a Special Education student.
    Technology
    Discussions from colleagues on using the READ 180 technology components to provide intensive, individualized instruction.
    System 44
    Discussions from colleagues on maximizing System 44 instruction to help students master foundational reading skills.
    Prev
    Next