Discussion
ITS Suggestion

Now that I have the ITS working, I love it! We are just beginning the rBook, so I'm excited to see how my students respond. I do have a couple of suggestions for the ITS Tech Team. 1. When I toggle the answers on, they all come on at once. It would be very helpful if I could just turn on one answer at a time. When you work with students, they often midlessly write down everything they see instead of listening to the teacher. 2. I thought that there was going to be a "play video" option on the student rBook pages. If there is, I can't find it. This would be helpful as flipping between teacher and student pages takes valuable time. 3. When the video plays, it opens small and I have to adjust the size each time. If we had the option to open it small or full screen, and save those settings, that would help greatly, or just to always open full screen (my preference). Thanks, Debbie

Posted on: September 23 2009
Flag this discussion
Share:
5 Comments
  • wow, I was just commenting on the small size of the video on another post.  How do you adjust the size?  thanks!

AskDee

These are suggestions that are really worth considering.  I love it that you are willing to share so much.  If anyone else has ideas they would like to share, this discussion would be a great place to post them.

Yes, you can only have one answer at a time appear in ITS when using the student rBook screen. On the ITS tool bar, to the left of the "Answers On/Answers Off" button is a check mark. If you click this, then click on where you want an answer to appear, that's the only answer that pops up. Or if you want to write in your answers (Smartboard), Smartboard Notebook software Welcome Center - Tools tab - and choose Floating Toolbar. This allows you to write in the rBook, or anywhere on the screen.

When you open the video in ITS, you can drag the bottom right corner out to resize it. It's a bit tricky, and sometimes easier to pause the video, resize, then play. You can also rewind the video if you can't stop it quickly enough. Those controls are on the bottom left of the video. Debbie

Thank you!! 

Featured Discussions
    Tips for New READ 180 Teachers
    Think back to your first year teaching READ 180.  What is the one thing that you wish you knew then that you know now?
    Motivating Students on Software
    My students are in the early stages of System 44.  Most of them started at Series 1 and have worked their way into Series 3.  Over the course of time, some of them are…
    Assessment & Data
    Discussions from colleagues on using key implementation and student performance metrics to drive instruction.
    Classroom Instruction
    Discussions from colleagues on implementing clear organization for instruction and classroom activity, and maintaining student engagement.
    Professional Development
    Discussions from colleagues on fostering and sustaining best teaching practices in the reading intervention classroom.
    Special Education
    Discussions from colleagues on targeting the specific skill deficits and unique instructional needs of a Special Education student.
    Technology
    Discussions from colleagues on using the READ 180 technology components to provide intensive, individualized instruction.
    System 44
    Discussions from colleagues on maximizing System 44 instruction to help students master foundational reading skills.
    Prev
    Next