Discussion
How do I move students from last year into a different hour in the SAM program???!!

I am teaching my second year of Read 180 and I need to move students from last year's classes to this year's classes. Is it possible to do this without losing the student's data? HOW!!??? I would like to get this set up SOON! Thanks, Shannon

Posted on: August 18 2009
Flag this discussion
Share:
2 Comments
  • SuzannePuccerella

Hi Shannon! I have asked some of our SAM experts here in the office, and this is what I have found: It is a relatively painless process. 1. Edit Student Roster in Class Profile screen - Go to Student Roster Tab and put students into the class - Then go to original class and check them out of that class 2. Edit Classes and Groups section of Student Profile screens *option # 1 is better because all kids can be done at once. Make sure you enroll the student in the new class before you take them out of the original class. This information can also be found in the READ 180 Software Manual - Managing Your Classroom section. Please let me know if you need anything else. Good luck!

I also ran into this problem, thanks for helping me to solve it.

Featured Discussions
    Tips for New READ 180 Teachers
    Think back to your first year teaching READ 180.  What is the one thing that you wish you knew then that you know now?
    Motivating Students on Software
    My students are in the early stages of System 44.  Most of them started at Series 1 and have worked their way into Series 3.  Over the course of time, some of them are…
    Assessment & Data
    Discussions from colleagues on using key implementation and student performance metrics to drive instruction.
    Classroom Instruction
    Discussions from colleagues on implementing clear organization for instruction and classroom activity, and maintaining student engagement.
    Professional Development
    Discussions from colleagues on fostering and sustaining best teaching practices in the reading intervention classroom.
    Special Education
    Discussions from colleagues on targeting the specific skill deficits and unique instructional needs of a Special Education student.
    Technology
    Discussions from colleagues on using the READ 180 technology components to provide intensive, individualized instruction.
    System 44
    Discussions from colleagues on maximizing System 44 instruction to help students master foundational reading skills.
    Prev
    Next