Discussion
What was the most inspiring part of the conference for everyone?
Posted on: August 01 2009
Flag this discussion
Share:
5 Comments
  • Both Sharon Draper and Sara Holbrook delighted by soul.

I believe that Dr. Kate Kinsella's workshops were the most beneficial to me because she did such an excellent job modeling structured engagement routines and how to write a 5 minute paper and 10 minute paper. She provided me with the tools I was looking for to help my students excel!

This conference was put together so well.  To name one moment that was most inspiring is a difficult task.  On Wednesday Dr. Daggett was the perfect opener.  I was inspired and excited for the rest of the week.  On Thursday morning I was priveleged to start my day in class with Dr. Kinsella.  I was inspired to the point of exhaustion.  And yet I went on, and continued to be rejuvenated for the beginning of the school year.  On Friday I began again with Dr. Kinsella and had questions that I have had for years answered in an hour and a half, with teaching methods that I will continue to study and emulate-true inspiration.  By the time Saturday arrived I was not sure that I could take any more inspiration.  Dr. Feldman started an early day in a great way.  But I didn't know if I would last through the day.  Then, Sara Holbrook.  The perfect, invigorating, exciting, energetic, and inspiring way to finish the conference.  She is my new favorite poet.  Thank you to ALL who were a part of this great week.  I am better prepared to begin the school year.  I am ready and excited to inspire struggling readers with Read 180.  Inspiration came in many forms, and throughout the days.  Thank you.

The entire conference inspired me! The best part was being absorbed into the energy that filled every room - the energy of teachers, principals, coordinators, etc. who want the best for struggling readers across the country.

I also loved the lecture by Dr. Hasselbring about how memory is stored short and long term and what it is like for a struggling reading. He explained how the software was designed to get to the heart of reading problems and memory.

Featured Discussions
    Tips for New READ 180 Teachers
    Think back to your first year teaching READ 180.  What is the one thing that you wish you knew then that you know now?
    Motivating Students on Software
    My students are in the early stages of System 44.  Most of them started at Series 1 and have worked their way into Series 3.  Over the course of time, some of them are…
    Assessment & Data
    Discussions from colleagues on using key implementation and student performance metrics to drive instruction.
    Classroom Instruction
    Discussions from colleagues on implementing clear organization for instruction and classroom activity, and maintaining student engagement.
    Professional Development
    Discussions from colleagues on fostering and sustaining best teaching practices in the reading intervention classroom.
    Special Education
    Discussions from colleagues on targeting the specific skill deficits and unique instructional needs of a Special Education student.
    Technology
    Discussions from colleagues on using the READ 180 technology components to provide intensive, individualized instruction.
    System 44
    Discussions from colleagues on maximizing System 44 instruction to help students master foundational reading skills.
    Prev
    Next