Discussion
AskDee
Common Core and SPED

Has anyone done any research into SPED classes in general and credits under the new Common Core?  If so, what have you learned?

Dee

Ask Dee at the READ 180 Community

By AskDee
Posted on: April 17 2011
Flag this discussion
Share:
5 Comments
  • The Intermountain Center for Education Effectiveness has began the process of aligning the common core standards using the Total Instruction Alignment process. As a facilitor, I would be very interested in any work that others are doing in this area as well.  I am attempting to utilize the Read 180 system as a resource in the process.

http://www.corestandards.org/the-standards/english-language-arts-standards  

Hi, what are you looking for, specifically? Do you mean standards linked to Read 180?

Here are FREE Curriculum Maps for the common core.  These are for a "traditional" English/Language Arts Program.  http://www.commoncore.org/maps/ THESE MAPS ARE AN EXCELLENT STARTING POINT! I am still trying to figure out how to map out the Read 180/Common Core.

Hi there, Just wanted to let you know we are developing a lot of great resources to help you align your READ 180 instruction to the new Common Core Standards and their expectations. Please join the conversation with the new Common Core discussion group!

Featured Discussions
    Tips for New READ 180 Teachers
    Think back to your first year teaching READ 180.  What is the one thing that you wish you knew then that you know now?
    Motivating Students on Software
    My students are in the early stages of System 44.  Most of them started at Series 1 and have worked their way into Series 3.  Over the course of time, some of them are…
    Assessment & Data
    Discussions from colleagues on using key implementation and student performance metrics to drive instruction.
    Classroom Instruction
    Discussions from colleagues on implementing clear organization for instruction and classroom activity, and maintaining student engagement.
    Professional Development
    Discussions from colleagues on fostering and sustaining best teaching practices in the reading intervention classroom.
    Special Education
    Discussions from colleagues on targeting the specific skill deficits and unique instructional needs of a Special Education student.
    Technology
    Discussions from colleagues on using the READ 180 technology components to provide intensive, individualized instruction.
    System 44
    Discussions from colleagues on maximizing System 44 instruction to help students master foundational reading skills.
    Prev
    Next