Discussion
profile photo
2010 Read 180 NSI Slides

Does anyone know when the 2010 NSI handouts and elective slides will be posted?  Do you know where?

Thanks,

Simeon

By shughes
Posted on: July 29 2010
Flag this discussion
Share:
11 Comments
  • <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Verdana; mso-ascii-font-family:Verdana; mso-hansi-font-family:Verdana; color:windowtext; mso-text-animation:none; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; text-underline:none; text-decoration:none; text-line-through:none;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Hi Jennifer:Thank you for your post.  I apologize for the trouble you have experienced when trying to download the documents from the 2010 READ 180 National Summer Institute Digital Handbook.  If possible, could you please call me at 212-965-7337?  I will be happy to help you access the documents over the phone :)Thank you!Laura SextonREAD 180 Community Manager

Hi.   If you are referring to the NSI handouts, 90% of them are already posted.  Go to the NSI Group and click on the log in now button in the main module. You will be asked for an access code, which is in your welcome packet from the Institute. Let me know if you have questions! John

AskDee

NSI participants received a password to access the materials.

Hi Stephanie: Thank you for your message.  The 2010 READ 180 National Summer Institute handouts are offered exclusively to attendees of the National Summer Institute.  Therefore, I have privately Emailed you the instructions and log-in information to locate the documents. If you have attended the National Summer Institute and would like to download Elective Workshop Handouts, please Email read180community@scholastic.com and I will be happy to provide you with the log-in information. Thank you!

<p>me at NSI</p>

Hi, John! I sent you an e-mail that the Read 180 Community Site is acting in strange ways with the layout, and the same seems to apply to the NSI document access (at least for me). I have the password, and I should have access, but the link to log-in to the NSI Digital Handbook (or anything NSI) is not showing up. Help!!!! Thanks, Jennifer Wells

Hi Jennifer: Thank you for your post.  I apologize for the trouble you experienced when trying to download the documents from the 2010 READ 180 National Summer Institute Digital Handbook.  If possible, could you please call me at 212-965-7337?  I will be happy to help you access the documents over the phone :) Thank you! Laura

Ride the ferry to New Orleans, ride the streetcar to zoo, Audubon Zoo PRICELESS

I cannot find the number that unlocks the handouts for me. Stephanie

Hi Jennifer: Thank you for your post.  I apologize for the trouble you have experienced when trying to download the doucments from the 2010 READ 180 National Summer Institute Digital Handbook.  If possible, could you please call me at 212-965-7337?  I will be happy to help you access the documents over the phone :) Thank you! Laura Sexton READ 180 Community Manager

Can everyone access the info or did you have to go to NSI?

profile photo

Thanks, I found them!

AskDee

I have been browsing the documents from NSI in order to answer questions.  I have found one of the easiest ways to find what I need by clicking on the See All hotspot.  Then I look through all the workshops and find exactly what I want.  You would be surprised at what you find by accident that way. Dee

Featured Discussions
    Tips for New READ 180 Teachers
    Think back to your first year teaching READ 180.  What is the one thing that you wish you knew then that you know now?
    Motivating Students on Software
    My students are in the early stages of System 44.  Most of them started at Series 1 and have worked their way into Series 3.  Over the course of time, some of them are…
    Assessment & Data
    Discussions from colleagues on using key implementation and student performance metrics to drive instruction.
    Classroom Instruction
    Discussions from colleagues on implementing clear organization for instruction and classroom activity, and maintaining student engagement.
    Professional Development
    Discussions from colleagues on fostering and sustaining best teaching practices in the reading intervention classroom.
    Special Education
    Discussions from colleagues on targeting the specific skill deficits and unique instructional needs of a Special Education student.
    Technology
    Discussions from colleagues on using the READ 180 technology components to provide intensive, individualized instruction.
    System 44
    Discussions from colleagues on maximizing System 44 instruction to help students master foundational reading skills.
    Prev
    Next