Discussion
What's Your READ 180 Motto?

What's Your READ 180 Motto?

Posted on: October 21 2009
Flag this discussion
Share:
24 Comments
  • profile photo

Students have 12 required years of school. There are at least 4 years of college. Start work at 22...retire at 65 (43years) If you don't go to college and start working at 18... retire at 65 (47years) All jobs today require reading skills. 12+4+43=59 years of reading 12+47=59 years of reading That is a lot of reading and it could be a lot of work...SO "WORK EASIER NOT HARDER...IMPROVE YOUR READING SKILLS WITH READ180"

Changing the World..... One Student At A Time!

Small victories are still victories none the less! 

My READ 180 motto is "Believe it and You Can Achieve it. The Sky is the Limit!"

chrisSLEMS

Small Successes now lead to Big Successes in your future!

I have a few-the first is my favorite. There is no short cut to success, FOCUS on your propgress and leave his to him or hers to hers, Hard work will never hurt you it will only make you stronger.

profile photo

My Read 180 Students are called Allstars! They are reaching for the stars!

drcorbin

Yes we can! (thank you, President Obama!)

Keep it Real, Keep it Read!

No Guessing!!!

Learning for all; whatever it takes!

Unlock Life's Treasure's Keys to Success Rewards of the Heart Work=Success Students use "keys" to earn concrete rewards from a literal treasure box but we also stress non-material treasures and use post-its and stickers etc. Quantum Learning is amazing for teaching life skills.

Get your JAG on.....READ!

"Be great in act, as you have been in thought." William Shakespeare

lblewis

"We're WILD about reading." and our classroom is is furnished with monkeys and wild animal prints. The students' number one goal this year is to find some sort of book, whether it is author or genre that they can be wild about and love to read!

Love the motto's everyone, keep them coming!    

mabel

Since my last name is Abel......My motto is "If I am Abel, Your Able too! I am having a shirt made of this motto.

maria.trigo

"Always give it your 180% "

droberts

"Superheros can leap a tall building in a single book!" Every single student is a superhero and they succeed one leap at a time.

We are wild about reading!

CarolynBeck

"Improvement, Achievement, and Success"

ZeeMarie

Dare to Be Different: Read to Know

Read Today, Change Tomorrow...

mabel

My students do an opening tradition. It goes like this.... " Today is a great day, I choose to read and Will succeed." This is how we start off the class.    

Featured Discussions
    Tips for New READ 180 Teachers
    Think back to your first year teaching READ 180.  What is the one thing that you wish you knew then that you know now?
    Motivating Students on Software
    My students are in the early stages of System 44.  Most of them started at Series 1 and have worked their way into Series 3.  Over the course of time, some of them are…
    Assessment & Data
    Discussions from colleagues on using key implementation and student performance metrics to drive instruction.
    Classroom Instruction
    Discussions from colleagues on implementing clear organization for instruction and classroom activity, and maintaining student engagement.
    Professional Development
    Discussions from colleagues on fostering and sustaining best teaching practices in the reading intervention classroom.
    Special Education
    Discussions from colleagues on targeting the specific skill deficits and unique instructional needs of a Special Education student.
    Technology
    Discussions from colleagues on using the READ 180 technology components to provide intensive, individualized instruction.
    System 44
    Discussions from colleagues on maximizing System 44 instruction to help students master foundational reading skills.
    Prev
    Next