Discussion
sinners
IEP goal bank

Hi Everyone,

I hate re-creating the wheel and am wondering if anyone can steer me to any IEP goals that would go along with READ 180 stage C.  Would anyone mind sharing?

Thanks!

By sinners
Posted on: October 08 2013
Flag this discussion
Share:
3 Comments
  • AskDee

IEP goals are very individual and need to be related to the student's own disabling condition.  In fact, though REAd 180 is used as an intervention, I usually caution teachers to not use the words "READ 180" in the IEP.  I suggest using a term such as "reading intervention program."  That covers you if you find the student is not responding to READ 180. Dee Ask Dee at the READ 180 Community

I have a reading and a writing goal that I use on my IEPs: Reading: By ________, after independently reading a book within his / her reading level, _______ will demonstrate mastery through recalling facts about the book by answering questions with 90% mastery on 3 out of 4 books read over the course of the semester. (change the number of books based on student's lexile) Writing: By _____________, ________ will compose a paragraph that includes a topic sentence, 3 supporting sentences, and a conclusion by scoring 4 out of 5 on a teacher made rubric. Hope this helps!

I use this for reading.... STUDENT will increase reading comprehension skills by improving her Lexile score from XXX to XXX, by answering inferential multiple choice questions within texts, using an alternative general education curriculum.

Featured Discussions
    Tips for New READ 180 Teachers
    Think back to your first year teaching READ 180.  What is the one thing that you wish you knew then that you know now?
    Motivating Students on Software
    My students are in the early stages of System 44.  Most of them started at Series 1 and have worked their way into Series 3.  Over the course of time, some of them are…
    Assessment & Data
    Discussions from colleagues on using key implementation and student performance metrics to drive instruction.
    Classroom Instruction
    Discussions from colleagues on implementing clear organization for instruction and classroom activity, and maintaining student engagement.
    Professional Development
    Discussions from colleagues on fostering and sustaining best teaching practices in the reading intervention classroom.
    Special Education
    Discussions from colleagues on targeting the specific skill deficits and unique instructional needs of a Special Education student.
    Technology
    Discussions from colleagues on using the READ 180 technology components to provide intensive, individualized instruction.
    System 44
    Discussions from colleagues on maximizing System 44 instruction to help students master foundational reading skills.
    Prev
    Next