Discussion
Low scores on SRI

I have a question-I teach self-containded 5th grade.  Three of my students scored a BR0 on the SRI.  Should they use a different program? 

Posted on: October 06 2013
Flag this discussion
Share:
1 Comments
  • Vickie, You said 3 of your students scored a BR (0).  Did those students do poorly because that is their reading level, or because they didnt try?  If they did their best, then you can admimister the SPI (Scholastic Phonics Inventory) if your school has System 44.  An SPI class report in SAM will tell you how they scored on the SPI and it will automatically assign them where to start in System 44, unless a student scores as Advancing Decoder, at which point that students should start in READ 180.  If you dont have System 44, then you would need to give the students more support in READ 180 and use the phonics worksheets in the RDI book as you identify their weaknesses.   Debbie

Featured Discussions
    Tips for New READ 180 Teachers
    Think back to your first year teaching READ 180.  What is the one thing that you wish you knew then that you know now?
    Motivating Students on Software
    My students are in the early stages of System 44.  Most of them started at Series 1 and have worked their way into Series 3.  Over the course of time, some of them are…
    Assessment & Data
    Discussions from colleagues on using key implementation and student performance metrics to drive instruction.
    Classroom Instruction
    Discussions from colleagues on implementing clear organization for instruction and classroom activity, and maintaining student engagement.
    Professional Development
    Discussions from colleagues on fostering and sustaining best teaching practices in the reading intervention classroom.
    Special Education
    Discussions from colleagues on targeting the specific skill deficits and unique instructional needs of a Special Education student.
    Technology
    Discussions from colleagues on using the READ 180 technology components to provide intensive, individualized instruction.
    System 44
    Discussions from colleagues on maximizing System 44 instruction to help students master foundational reading skills.
    Prev
    Next