If you are like me, you have digital resources for each of your workshops scattered all over. My intentions are good; I promise myself that at the end of each workshop I will put everything together, and for my hard copies, I'm fairly good at keeping track of them. It's all my digital resources that get the better of me.
Digital resources come from all over. I may use a plethora of websites: READ 180 Community, YouTube, digital news articles, etc., plus files in Google Docs and/or Dropbox. Keeping track of resources can be confusing, especially when going back to a workshop I taught over a year ago.
One of my absolutely FAVORITE tools to keep me organized is Symbaloo. It's free. It's easy. It's fluid and adapts to changes in my needs. I think of Symbaloo as my digital lesson plan website.
SETUP YOUR WEBMIXES (Pages)
With Symbaloo, each workshop has its own tab, with enough space for 52 visual links to your workshop resources. Never lose track of a link again.
- Symbaloo.com is a free tool.
- All your webmixes are saved to the cloud and are accessible from any device.
- Symbaloo apps are available in iOS and Android for your mobile devices.
- Links can be added to Symbaloo tiles for any digital resource, including your Google or Dropbox folders with your workshop worksheets and other digital files to print.
- Your webmixes are always available, wherever you are connected to the Internet.
- Personalize your tiles with an image you select or upload
- Personalize webmix wallpaper with Symbaloo choices (i.e. Combat Zone), or create your own (i.e. In the Money).
Sign-up and start creating your READ 180 Workshop webmixes immediately!
- Go to Symbaloo.com
- In the top, right corner, click "Create free account."
- Sign up with your name, email, and a password.
- Start Creating!
SYMBALOO WEBMIX CREATION IDEAS
- First 3 Weeks
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5 (and so on)
- R180 Social Network Pages
- Favorite Blogs
- Favorite Community Boards
- Books to Read
It's never too early to organize your class lesson plans and related materials. With Symbaloo, it's also fun, easy, and will save you precious time. I Symbaloo. Will you?